Recipe by teatimetory
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com. This is a perfect clone of Ihop's French toast!
Top Review by Meredith V.
This is a 5 * recipe with 1 simple change. Be sure and add the 1 T powdered sugar to the batter mixture. It needs for that IHop taste. If you only put on after it is cooked not the same. If you look at other french toast recipes you will see most have sugar in the egg mixture for a reason!
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons butter
- 6 slices thick bread
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs in a shallow bowl.
- Add milk, vanilla, flour, and salt to eggs. Beat with an electric mixture until all is well combined.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. When the surface is hot, add about a teaspoon of butter.
- Dip the bread into the batter and drop it onto the hot skillet.
- Let cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until each side is golden brown.
- Cut toast in half diagonally and sprinkle with powdered sugar.