Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com. This is a perfect clone of Ihop's French toast!
Make and share this Top Secret Recipes Version of Ihop French Toast by Todd Wilbur recipe from Food.com.
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons butter
- 6 slices thick bread
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Beat eggs in a shallow bowl.
- Add milk, vanilla, flour, and salt to eggs. Beat with an electric mixture until all is well combined.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. When the surface is hot, add about a teaspoon of butter.
- Dip the bread into the batter and drop it onto the hot skillet.
- Let cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until each side is golden brown.
- Cut toast in have diagonally and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
I didn't get to type my review :) I don't know about Ihop, but I just made this a few minutes ago, exactly as written, and it's delicious!!
For the 2 of us, this recipe made enough to 2 meals (breakfast & dinner), especially when paired with Amy020's Ham & Mozzarella Brunch Bake! I did leave out the salt & used thick slices of a winter wheat bread that's a staple around our house, & the resulting french toast (although perhaps not the Ihop standard) was wonderful! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]