Recipe by Amberngriffinco
This recipe is Top Secret Recipes version of I.H.O.P's Country Griddle Cakes created by Todd Wilbur. the secret? Cream of Wheat!!
Top Review by j9email
FINALLY!! I've been looking for this recipe! I mixed the dry ingredients seperately from the wet, stirred in the wet ingredients until just mixed so the pancakes wouldn't be tough. Yes, use a hot greased griddle. If you've had a problem with these being flat you may want to replace your soda and baking powder with a fresher supply. These were nice and puffy and tender and YUMMY!! Thanks for submitting your recipe Amber!!
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄3 cup instant cream of wheat (Farina)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat skillet over medium heat and spray with nonstick coating.
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl with mixer set on high and mix till smooth.
- Pour batter by 1/3 C portions into hot pan and cook 1-2 minutes per side, till brown.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- *thisis not grainy as instant cream of wheat blends into batter unlike 2 1/2 min type.