Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is Top Secret Recipes version of I.H.O.P's Country Griddle Cakes created by Todd Wilbur. the secret? Cream of Wheat!!
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄3 cup instant cream of wheat (Farina)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Heat skillet over medium heat and spray with nonstick coating.
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl with mixer set on high and mix till smooth.
- Pour batter by 1/3 C portions into hot pan and cook 1-2 minutes per side, till brown.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- *thisis not grainy as instant cream of wheat blends into batter unlike 2 1/2 min type.
FINALLY!! I've been looking for this recipe! I mixed the dry ingredients seperately from the wet, stirred in the wet ingredients until just mixed so the pancakes wouldn't be tough. Yes, use a hot greased griddle. If you've had a problem with these being flat you may want to replace your soda and baking powder with a fresher supply. These were nice and puffy and tender and YUMMY!! Thanks for submitting your recipe Amber!!
These were great! Just like the ones I remember at IHOP! I added vannilla extract for additional flavor. Would def. make these again.
These are my family's favorite pancakes! The cream of wheat gives them the best flavor and texture. I don't usually like pancakes, but I LOVE these! I've used the 2 1/2 minute cooking time cream of wheat and it works great too.