Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A Top Secret Recipe.From www.TopSecretRecipes.com Chilling the slaw overnight is even better for a great tasting slaw.
- 177.44 ml mayonnaise
- 44.37 ml white vinegar
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 0.59 ml salt
- 1892.72 ml chopped green cabbage (1 head)
- 118.29 ml chopped parsley
- 118.29 ml chopped green onion (green part only)
- 29.58 ml minced green bell peppers
- 2.46 ml celery seed
- Whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar and salt in medium bowl.
- Combine cabbage, parsley, green onion and bell pepper in a large bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the cabbage and mix well.
- Add celery seed and mix, then cover the bowl and chill for at least 4 hours.
I thought this was really delicious. Wasn't a big wet mess in the bottom. I did use a package of shredded cole slaw mix though, didn't like what the cabbages looked like this week. So it had shredded carrots in it. It was only about 4 cups of cabbage so I halved the dressing. It turned out just wonderful but just needed some pepper I found when I served it. Tastes just like a great restaurant cole slaw. Will keep this recipe to make again. Forgot to mention I let it chill overnight. *******Made again for a picnic this Memorial Day weekend for 10 and everyone just loved this. They said it was delicious and took dibs on taking leftovers home if there were any.
I started with this basic recipe, then made a few changes. My goal was to use some vegetables from my garden. I used 1/2 cup mayonnaise and 1/2 plain yogurt. I added 2 tablespoons honey and added carrots, celery, radish, rasiens and pecons, and since I like things with a little zip, added a teaspoon chili powder. It came out great. Thanks for giving me the starting place.
This is the greatest cole slaw I have ever had. All my friends wanted the recipe. Thanks so much.........JW