Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com Just like the stuff you buy at the store but much cheaper to make.
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 4 canned jalapeno slices, plus
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor.
- Puree on high speed until smooth.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
This recipe was created by Todd Wilbur for his book "Top Secret Recipes Unlocked" (Penguin/Putnam 2003)
It is just like the stuff in the store-only it costs alot less. Since I was out of the canned pinto's I just used a can of regular refried beans. My husband said "You can make this any time you want" which, when translated means "make it all the time please" Fast. Easy. Great Clone. Can't tell the difference between "store bought" and "homemade". Thanks for Posting, Di ;-)
Was looking for regular Fritos bean dip and came across this recipe for Fritos "hot" bean dip. Decided to make it with no cayenne, and 1/4 the jalapeno juice and jalapenos. Tastes close enough for me! Thanks!!!