Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com These beans are the bomb...probably the best I've ever had. The jalapenos give it a secret kick. I didn't cook mine on the barbecue and substituted some of the meats plus a different kind of barbecue sauce, and they still turned out spectacular. Serving size is estimated.
- 6 slices bacon
- 8 ounces smoked pork sausage (2 links if using Farmer John's)
- 4 ounces beef brisket, cooked (Tyson or Lloyd's work great)
- 4 ounces pulled pork, cooked (Lloyd's or Jack Daniel's work great)
- 1 cup white onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, minced
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno peppers, minced
- 56 ounces baked beans (Bush's recommended)
- 1 3⁄4 cups barbecue sauce (Famous Dave's Rich & Sassy Barbecue Sauce or Hunt's Original Barbecue Sauce recommended)
- Preheat barbecue grill to high heat.
- Cook the bacon and save the fat. You'll need 3 tablespoons (toss out any extra).
- Grill the sausage until the surface is mostly charred (about 20 minutes).
- This will add smoky flavor to the beans.
- When the sausage is almost done (after about 15 minutes), toss the brisket on the grill and give it a little charring as well.
- Preheat 3 tablespoons of bacon fat in a large saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add the onions and peppers to the fat and saute for 5 minutes or until the onions begin to turn translucent.
- Dice the bacon, sausage, brisket, and pulled pork and add it to the pan.
- Crank the heat up to medium, and cook for 2 minutes, then add the beans (with the liquid) and barbecue sauce.
- Bring mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.