1 hr 15 mins
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com These beans are the bomb...probably the best I've ever had. The jalapenos give it a secret kick. I didn't cook mine on the barbecue and substituted some of the meats plus a different kind of barbecue sauce, and they still turned out spectacular. Serving size is estimated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 slices bacon
- 8 ounces smoked pork sausage (2 links if using Farmer John's)
- 4 ounces beef brisket, cooked (Tyson or Lloyd's work great)
- 4 ounces pulled pork, cooked (Lloyd's or Jack Daniel's work great)
- 1 cup white onion, minced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, minced
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno peppers, minced
- 56 ounces baked beans (Bush's recommended)
- 1 3/4 cups barbecue sauce (Famous Dave's Rich & Sassy Barbecue Sauce or Hunt's Original Barbecue Sauce recommended)
- 1Preheat barbecue grill to high heat.
- 2Cook the bacon and save the fat. You'll need 3 tablespoons (toss out any extra).
- 3Grill the sausage until the surface is mostly charred (about 20 minutes).
- 4This will add smoky flavor to the beans.
- 5When the sausage is almost done (after about 15 minutes), toss the brisket on the grill and give it a little charring as well.
- 6Preheat 3 tablespoons of bacon fat in a large saucepan over medium-low heat.
- 7Add the onions and peppers to the fat and saute for 5 minutes or until the onions begin to turn translucent.
- 8Dice the bacon, sausage, brisket, and pulled pork and add it to the pan.
- 9Crank the heat up to medium, and cook for 2 minutes, then add the beans (with the liquid) and barbecue sauce.
- 10Bring mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- 11Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Top Secret Recipes Version of Famous Dave's Wilbur Beans
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 178.1
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 12.3 mg
- Sodium 606.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 15.5 g
- Protein 8.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
smoked pork sausage