Recipe by Anita Harris
Heavenly is all I can say!! I had these cookies on a trip many years ago while staying at a Doubletree Hotel (they left one on each pillow each day after cleaning the rooms) and always thought they were "THE BEST" chocolate chip cookies I had ever eaten! I have searched High and Low for a recipe for anything similar to what I had eaten at the Doubletree and recently found this recipe (unfortunately I can't remember where I got the recipe from)and have made them several times since. They are a little more time-consuming than regular chocolate chip cookies but well worth the extra time! This recipe makes extra large cookies. I'm not sure as to the exact prep time and I don't always chill the dough overnight) From Even More Top Secret Recipes.
Top Review by Doc's Mom
OMG, I think this is the best chocolate cookie chip cookie I%u2019ve made so far! I think the ground oat meal, cinnamon and lemon really set it apart from all others. Cut back on the sugar to 1/2 cup each. Got rave reviews.
- 118.29 ml rolled oats
- 532.32 ml flour
- 7.39 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml cinnamon
- 236.59 ml butter, softened (No Substitutes!)
- 177.44 ml packed brown sugar
- 177.44 ml granulated sugar
- 7.39 ml pure vanilla extract
- 2.46 ml lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 709.77 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 354.88 ml chopped macadamia nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grind oats in a food processor or blender until ground fine.
- Combine ground oats with flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine the butter, sugars, vanilla and lemon juice and mix with mixer until combined.
- Add the eggs and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and blend well.
- Add the chocolate chips and macadamia nuts to the dough and mix by hand until ingredients are well mixed.
- Spoon rounded 1/4 cups full (yes, 1/4 cups!) onto ungreased, nonstick cookie sheet.
- Place scoops of dough 2" apart (you don't need to press dough flat).
- Bake 16-18 minutes or until cookies are light brown and soft in the middle.
- Let cool.
- Store in sealed container to keep soft.
- (for best results chill dough overnight).