Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got this from www.TopSecretRecipes.com. This is the description of it: "our appetizing cheese dip with seasoned beef, served with warm tostada chips".
- 16 ounces Velveeta cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) canhormel no-bean chili
- 1 cup milk
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Cut the Velveeta into cubes.
- Combine the cheese with the remaining ingredients in medium sauce pan over medium heat.
- Stir frequently until cheese melts then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minute.
- Serve with hot tortilla chips for dipping.
This is fantastic! My husband LOVES this dip from Chili's, and he thought this tasted just like the original. We enjoyed it with Chili's Salsa (homemade) while we watched football. I also made the "light" version using turkey chili and low-fat velveeta - couldn't tell a difference! This is a keeper!! :)
It doesn't taste ANYTHING like Chili's. It's alright, but it's not very good. It's too thick and tastes too processed. Nice try though.
I thought this was great- tastes a lot like Chilis and easy to make. I halved it as there's just two of us and there was more than plenty. Using mom67's suggestion of putting it in a mini crockpot made it where the dip didn't thicken up but stayed the perfect dip consistency! I just mixed it up in a normal pot in and poured it into the mini crock pot I had set up right by. (Don't leave in the small crock pot for a long time though- will burn eventually!) We had this with chicken tacos.