1/4 Photos of Top Secret Recipes Version of Cadbury Cream Eggs by Todd Wilbur
7 hrs 5 mins
This is about as close as you can get to the real thing. From Even More Top Secret Recipes.
My Private Note
or so e ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the corn syrup, butter, vanilla and salt in a large bowl.
- 2Beat well with an electric mixer until smooth.
- 3Add powdered sugar, a little bit at at time and mix by hand after each addition.
- 4Mix until creamy.
- 5Remove about 1/3 of the sugar mixture and place in a small bowl.
- 6Add the food coloring and mix well.
- 7Cover both mixtures and chill for at least 2 hours or until firm.
- 8When mixtures are still firm roll a small, marble size from the orange filling.
- 9Wrap a small amount of the white filling around the orange.
- 10Form into the shape of eggs and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- 11Repeat until done and chill for at least 4 hours.
- 12You want them "set".
- 13Combine the chocolate chips and shortening in a double boiler or ceramic bowl.
- 14Melt down and mix well.
- 15Take each egg filling, dip into the melted chocolate mixture and return to baking sheet.
- 16Repeat and chill again for 2 hours.
- 17Repeat the dipping process, chill again and you're good to go!
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Top Secret Recipes Version of Cadbury Cream Eggs by Todd Wilbur
Serving Size: 1 (948 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 262.3
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 12.5 mg
- Sodium 85.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 35.8 g
- Protein 1.6 g