This is about as close as you can get to the real thing. From Even More Top Secret Recipes.
Make and share this Top Secret Recipes Version of Cadbury Cream Eggs by Todd Wilbur recipe from Food.com.
- Combine the corn syrup, butter, vanilla and salt in a large bowl.
- Beat well with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar, a little bit at at time and mix by hand after each addition.
- Mix until creamy.
- Remove about 1/3 of the sugar mixture and place in a small bowl.
- Add the food coloring and mix well.
- Cover both mixtures and chill for at least 2 hours or until firm.
- When mixtures are still firm roll a small, marble size from the orange filling.
- Wrap a small amount of the white filling around the orange.
- Form into the shape of eggs and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Repeat until done and chill for at least 4 hours.
- You want them "set".
- Combine the chocolate chips and shortening in a double boiler or ceramic bowl.
- Melt down and mix well.
- Take each egg filling, dip into the melted chocolate mixture and return to baking sheet.
- Repeat and chill again for 2 hours.
- Repeat the dipping process, chill again and you're good to go!