1/1 Photo of Top Secret Recipes Version of Baja Fresh Salsa by Todd Wilbur
1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Muffin Goddess's Note:
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com Posted by request, this came from TSR. I haven't actually tried it myself, nor have I ever been to a Baja Fresh restaurant, but I've gotten pretty good results with many other TSR recipes. Note: prep and cook time are estimated, and the key points are the firm, chilled tomatoes and stem-side-down start to blackening them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat your barbecue grill (high temp).
- 2Remove stems from tomatoes and place 6 of them directly on the heated grill, stem side down.
- 3Roast them for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the grilled side is very charred.
- 4Turn them over, throw the jalapeno pepper (minus the stem) on the grill with the tomatoes, and grill for an additional 20 to 30 minutes, or until both the tomatoes and the jalapeno are blackened.
- 5Turn the pepper periodically to blacken all surfaces.
- 6Remove the tomatoes and jalapeno from the grill, place them in a bowl, and allow them to cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
- 7Once cooled, dump the contents of the bowl into a blender, add the garlic and salt, and puree on high speed.
- 8Add water and blend again for 30 to 45 seconds.
- 9The sauce will darken as the charred tomato bits are chopped finer.
- 10Pour the contents of the blender into a bowl.
- 11Dice the remaining tomato and add it to the pureed salsa.
- 12Stir in the onion and cilantro.
- 13Chill before serving.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Top Secret Recipes Version of Baja Fresh Salsa by Todd Wilbur
Serving Size: 1 (1262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 57.3
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 793.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 2.7 g