Recipe by SilentCricket
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com At Tony Roma's Restaurant, this comes served alongside the Carolina Honeys Salmon. But, you could probably fix this and serve it alongside ham, turkey...
- 1 large garnet yam
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 yellow onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake yam for 40-45 minutes at 400.
- (This will leave the yam baked nearly all the way through, but firm enough to slice when cool).
- Remove yam from oven and allow to cool enough so that you can handle it.
- When cool, remove skin and slice into 1-inch bite-size pieces.
- Melt 1 TBSP of butter in large skillet.
- Add chopped onion and pecans.
- Saute for a couple of minutes until onions pieces begin to turn brown.
- Add yam slices, maple syrup, and cinnamon and saute for 3-5 minutes, stirring often, or until yam pieces are hot and tender.