Recipe by Chocolate Covered Mimz
My best friend and I are culinary students and came up with this recipe while we were in culinary school. It really goes with everything... Chicken... French Fries... Honesty, I would put this s**t on everything... : ) I was to point out that most of these ingredients can be added to taste. The sauce is AMAZING and now the only wing sauce I use.
Top Review by pahealthymom
OH YUM!!!!! This was so good. I think that I will be looking for excuses to make this sauce again! I used this as a dipping sauce for grilled chicken breast tenders. It was really easy to make, I followed the recipe exactly and it turned out wonderful. Not to spicy, but just enough heat, slightly sweet, a burst of lime flavor......just wonderful. Thank you so much for this recipe, it a keeper!
- 8 -12 ounces hot sauce
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro (or more to taste)
- 3 garlic cloves (I usually like 4)
- 3 fresh limes
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- salt and pepper
- red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- in a sauce pan saute garlic, cilantro, and half cup of butter until soft, then add bottle of hot sauce.(i use a hot sauce that also doubles as a buffalo wing sauce because i like the extra vinegar, my fave is Franks) - juice three limes using at least a tablespoon of lime zest, and the juice with pulp. add brown sugar, honey, salt and pepper(s) - (s&p to taste).
- simmer on stove until you get a deep red color, then pour over chicken wings or dip chicken fingers. THIS IS DELICIOUS ! The real secret of this recipe is getting that clear-red result after the simmer.
- *butter correction made*.