Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Recipe adapted from Todd Wilbur's version of Carnegie Deli Classic New York City Cheesecake www.TopSecretRecipes.com (I added the cookie crust in lieu of the graham cracker crust.)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 dash salt
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 5 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1. Leave the butter & cream cheese out of the refrigerator for 30 to 60 minutes to soften. Make the crust by creaming together butter, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/2 teas vanilla & salt. Add 1 egg & mix well. Add 1-1/2 cups flour & stir well to combine.
- 2. Preheat oven to 375 F, then press half of the dough onto the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes or until edge of dough begins to turn light brown. Cool.
- 3. When the pan has cooled, take the remaining dough & press it around the inside edge of the pan. Don't go all the way up to the top though. Leave about a 1/2-inch margin from the top of the pan.
- 4. Crank oven up to 500°F Combine cream cheese, 1-1/3 cups sugar, 2 teas vanilla & lemon juice with an electric mixer in a large bowl until smooth. Mix in sour cream & 2 Tbls flour. Add the eggs & mix on slow speed until combined.
- 5. Pour cream cheese filing into the pan and bake at 500 F for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 F & bake for 30 to 35 minutes more, or until the center is firm. Cover & cool in refrigerator for several hours or overnight before serving.