1. Leave the butter & cream cheese out of the refrigerator for 30 to 60 minutes to soften. Make the crust by creaming together butter, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/2 teas vanilla & salt. Add 1 egg & mix well. Add 1-1/2 cups flour & stir well to combine.
2. Preheat oven to 375 F, then press half of the dough onto the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes or until edge of dough begins to turn light brown. Cool.
3. When the pan has cooled, take the remaining dough & press it around the inside edge of the pan. Don't go all the way up to the top though. Leave about a 1/2-inch margin from the top of the pan.
4. Crank oven up to 500°F Combine cream cheese, 1-1/3 cups sugar, 2 teas vanilla & lemon juice with an electric mixer in a large bowl until smooth. Mix in sour cream & 2 Tbls flour. Add the eggs & mix on slow speed until combined.
5. Pour cream cheese filing into the pan and bake at 500 F for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 F & bake for 30 to 35 minutes more, or until the center is firm. Cover & cool in refrigerator for several hours or overnight before serving.