Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A stovetop meal that is easy to make and quick to get on the table. I love that it uses broccoli too! The kids really enjoyed it in our house! Time includes bringing water to a boil. Found in a Woman's Day magazine March 08 (funny as I got the magazine in February!)
- 1 lb ziti pasta (uncooked)
- 1 (12 ounce) bag fresh broccoli florets
- 1 (26 ounce) jar pasta sauce (I love a Newman's Own Basil & Tomato)
- 1⁄2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, diced
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese (grated)
- Cook pasta in a large pot of water as package directs; adding broccoli 4 minutes before pasta is done.
- Mix pasta sauce and the ricotta in a large saucepan; cooking over medium-low heat until hot.
- Drain pasta and broccoli; return to pot.
- Add sauce mixture; toss to mix and coat.
- IMMEDIATELY add mozzarella and about half the parsley and Parmesan; stir until mozzarella melts.
- Transfer to a large serving bowl and sprinkle with remaining parsley and Parmesan.
Absolutely delicious, I made this using my recipe#71273 and used penne instead of the ziti, this will make a great meal for DS and myself to serve for dinner tonight, thanks for sharing Mel, I made this for KK's Pink event
Delish! I halved the recipe, used cottage cheese, and probably a little more cheese than called for(a mix of mozzarella and cheddar). I enjoyed and have leftovers to enjoy too! Thanks! Made for Kittencal's mini cookathon!
Simple and delicious! I needed something quick for dinner tonight and this came off so easy it fit the bill! A cheesy pasta dish with a surprise veggie inside! Nice change without the usual meat! Thanks Hokies for sharing this, its definitely a winner here!:)