Prep 2 hrs 30 mins
Cook 55 mins
4-layer lasagna with rich filling and lower fat than most.
- 2 lbs hamburger
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 6 (12 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 3 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup red wine (optional)
- 2 lbs grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cottage cheese
- 1 lb grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb lasagna noodle
- Brown ground beef and garlic with salt and pepper to taste in 3 quart sauce pan till done, drain any remaining fat. in same pot add 6 12oz cans tomato sauce 3 6oz cans tomato paste, 2T oregano 1T Basil 3 Bay Leaves 1/4 cup red wine (optional)re-add meat simmer for 2 hrs on low heat stirring occasional,.
- Start noodles according to package directions, drain and lay flat on clean towel.
- Grease 13x9 lightly with olive oil, Cover bottom of pan with a layer of noodles, place approximately 1/4 of sauce over bottom layer noodles follow with layer of cottage cheese, mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Repeat until all four layers are completed with final layer of Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in preheated 325°F oven for 35 to 45 minutes until cheese is bubbly and slightly brown.
- Remove from oven and rest for 10 minutes.