Recipe by Debbwl
Used to make this when I had people over and it was always a big hit. This recipe is very old and comes from my very first cook book (Pillsbury) which was a gift from my grandmother. Best served the day it is made.
Top Review by Boomette
In the cake I used only 1/2 cup sugar. For the topping I used only 1/4 cup of walnuts. For the sauce, I used maybe just 1/4 cup butter. It was perfect. This cake is so good. And very easy to do. Thanks Deb :) Made for PRMR tag game
- 2 cups flour, unsifted, Pillsbury
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups pineapple, crushed, undrained (13 1/2 oz. can)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup coconut, flaked
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup cream, light (half and half)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat overn to 350.
- In large mixing bowl, combine all cake ingredients and beat low speed till blended; beat 2 minutes more at medium speed.
- Pour into 9 inch square pan, greased on bottom only.
- Prepare Topping by combining all ingredients; sprinkle over cake.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched in center.
- Just before cake is done, prepare Sauce by melting butter in saucepan; blend in remaining ingredients.
- When cake comes out of oven pour sauce over warm cake.
- Best served the same day it is made.