Chef amfox's Note:
Ed made this on Top Chef DC during the finale and it was the best dish for that show & won him the episode. I figured it was worth publishing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -4 large bananas (sliced and brushed with red chili paste)
- 12 teaspoons red chili paste, per portion (store bought)
Cinnamon Sugar Mixture
- 1. Peel and cut the bananas into ½ inch slices brush them with the chili paste and sandwich them back together again. Stick them together with a toothpick so they will not fall apart when you dip into the batter and then into the fry oil.
- 22. When all the bananas are sandwiched together with the red chili paste, place them in the freezer until super chilled.
- 3For fritter batter- Combine eggs and beer. Combine all dry ingredients. Fold dry ingredients into wet.
- 43. Once the bananas are chilled, dip in the fritter batter and let the excess batter drip off and then fry at 350 degrees until golden brown. When cooked drain on a paper towel and remove the toothpick and dust with the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- 54. Place 3 banana fritters per person on a plate and drizzle with honey and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Top Chef's Fried Banana Fritter With Red Chili Pastefried Banana
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 222.2
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 70.5 mg
- Sodium 956.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 32.2 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red chili paste