Recipe by VtwinVixen
I love Top Chef, but hate trying to come up with breakfast. So I searched out some of my favorite Top Chef breakfast recipes.
- 12 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) bagoriginal flavor terra chips (found at specialty grocery stores)
- 4 rye crisps, crumbled
- 4 scallions, white and light green part only, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato cream cheese (store bought)
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- salt and pepper, for seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Crack eggs into a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk vigorously until mixture is smooth.
- Gently fold in Terra chips, rye crisp crackers and scallions.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add egg mixture to pan. Cook until mixture begins to firm and is brown on bottom.
- Remove pan from heat.
- To flip frittata: Cover pan with a large heatproof plate.
- Carefully invert frittata onto plate.
- Gently slide frittata back into pan with browned side on top.
- Cook until bottom is browned.
- Remove from heat, cool slightly and cut into wedges.
- To make aioli: In a small bowl, combine cheese spread, chipotle peppers, mayonnaise and garlic.
- Mix well until smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with frittata.