2 hrs 10 mins
One of the easiest baked bean recipes around, and it always receives rave reviews. It comes from a great cookbook that is also a great read--especially if you enjoy romance, Chicken Soup for the Soul Cookbook. The version given below is halved. If you double the recipe below, cook ingredients in a crockpot on high for 1 1/2 hours, then on low for 3 more. The measurement for the brown sugar would then be 3/4 cup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (26 ounce) can brick oven beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can pork and beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can drained black beans
- 1 medium onion
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar, plus
- 1 tablespoon packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dijon-style mustard
- 1/4 cup dark molasses (unsulfured)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Tabasco sauce (3-4 shakes)
- 1Place all the beans in a crockpot.
- 2Cut off the root and stem ends of the onion, then cut it in eighths through the center.
- 3Add onion sections to the beans, along with the brown sugar, mustard, molasses, Worcestershire sauce, and Tabasco sauce.
- 4Cook on high for an hour, and then on low for an hour more.
- 5You can baked these beans in the oven at 350 degrees for an hour, and then at 225 degrees for an hour more, covered, or on top the stove.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tooty-Toot Barbecued Baked Beans
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 190.7
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 4.4 mg
- Sodium 303.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 6.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: