Recipe by Karin...
This is soooooo yummy! Served together with a cheeseboard and an assortment of biscuits/crackers. For best results, and for MAXIMUM flavour prepare this recipe at least 24 hours in advance...it will keep for up to 4 days!!! The preparation time does NOT include the time it takes for the fruits and Port to "marinate" - (1-2 hours)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped mixed dried fruit
- 1⁄2 cup chopped mixed glace fruit
- 1⁄4 cup chopped glace ginger
- 2 tablespoons port wine
- 250 g Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 3⁄4 cup poppy seed (approxamately)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the DRIED, GLACE fruit and GLACE GINGER in a bowl.
- Add the Port, cover and allow to stand for 1-2 hours (the longer the better!).
- Soften the cream cheese and grated Cheddar cheese (I use the microwave for a few seconds to help me with this!).
- Then beat together and stir in the grated orange rind and fruit mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Roll the mixture into a'log' shape- to about 20cm (about 8").
- Roll in poppy seeds, cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.