Recipe by Helen Berry
Great to make your own tootsie rolls. Kids and adults both love these and they aren't hard to make.
- 1 -12 ounce semisweet chocolate morsel
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 3⁄4 teaspoon warm water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons orange extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt chocolate, Add corn syrup. Mix in water. Blend in orange extract and beat with whisk until glossy.
- Pour onto sheet pan covered with plastic wrap and cool to room temperature overnight-.
- Cut into strips and roll into ropes. Cut to tootsie roll size about 1 inch.