Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
These are actually my mums potatoes but I love them sooo much. Great with chicken, pork or beef By --*Toots*-- 6 Servings 1½ hours 10 min prep !
- 2 lbs baking potatoes, peeled
- 1 1⁄2 cups light cream
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Slice potatoes thick and layer in 1 1/2 quart baking dish, 2" deep.
- Slowly heat cream with garlic, salt and pepper in a milk pan on a low temperature.
- Pour hot cream over potatoes. The cream should cover top layer.
- Place small knobs of butter around the dish.
- Bake at 150°C, until potatoes are tender. At least one hour.
- Serves 6.
Oh boy, these were delicious potatoes, and so creamy and full of garlic flavor just as the title states. We really enjoyed this recipe. Thanks for sharing it with us, Camitoots. Made for Fall 2011 Pick-A-Chef.
Made for PAC Spring 08. I doubled the garlic in this and it had a very nice flavor. I don't know if this was suppose to be "creamy". Mine was not. It was more "milky". So not what I was expecting, but it wasn't bad. Thanks!