This is so good! I eat it cold the next day and it's delicious!
Make and share this Tootie's Poached Salmon recipe from Food.com.
- Place all ingredients(except salmon) in a 10-12 inch skillet.
- Bring to a boil, then turn down to simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Add salmon. Lower heat to medium low heat and gently simmer until fish is medium well done-about 10 minutes.
- Remove salmon.
- Condense liquid down, adding a little more orange juice if you want a little more orangy flavor.
- Place salmon on serving dishes.
- When sauce is starting to thicken up nicely, pour over fish.
We love poached salmon, and the orange-lemon reduction was a pleasant surprise. I had everything but green onions on hand, so I substituted dried minced onion, and probably used twice as much as I should have. Thanks for posting this recipe, Tootie. Made for Top Favorites of 2008 Tag, as recommended by Sharon123.
Fantastic! So light and fresh tasting. I served it on a bed of watercress with jasmine rice. I won't know what it tastes like leftover because we gobbled it all up! I will make it again really soon (probably tomorrow) because I think it would be fab in a salad for lunches.
I had never had salmon poached in wine and orange juice and I just loved it! This was so good the next day too straight out of the refrigerator! Thanks for a delicious way to eat salmon!