Recipe by tootie1
This is so good! I eat it cold the next day and it's delicious!
Top Review by KateL
We love poached salmon, and the orange-lemon reduction was a pleasant surprise. I had everything but green onions on hand, so I substituted dried minced onion, and probably used twice as much as I should have. Thanks for posting this recipe, Tootie. Made for Top Favorites of 2008 Tag, as recommended by Sharon123.
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorn
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon (or 2 tsp. fresh)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (or orange zest or both)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients(except salmon) in a 10-12 inch skillet.
- Bring to a boil, then turn down to simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Add salmon. Lower heat to medium low heat and gently simmer until fish is medium well done-about 10 minutes.
- Remove salmon.
- Condense liquid down, adding a little more orange juice if you want a little more orangy flavor.
- Place salmon on serving dishes.
- When sauce is starting to thicken up nicely, pour over fish.