11 hrs 30 mins
The original recipe for these fruity marshmallows comes from a vintage copy of "The Joys of Jell-O Recipe Book". I changed the method so that the marshmallows set firm (not like the mallow cream-like original).
My Private Note
1" squa ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1In the bottom of a stand mixer fitted with the whip attachment, whisk together the Jell-O powder and boiling water. Set aside.
- 2In a saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the remaining water, sugar, salt and corn syrup.
- 3Bring to a boil, then cook until the mixture reaches 238°F Remove from heat.
- 4Start the mixer and whip the Jell-O mixture until it begins to thicken, then carefully begin pouring in the hot sugar syrup.
- 5Increase the mixer to high speed and beat 10 minutes, until fluffy and very thick.
- 6Grease an 8" pan and dust with a mixture of icing sugar and potato starch.
- 7Scrape the Jell-O mixture into the pan, smooth the top and dust with more sugar/starch mixture.
- 8Set aside to set at room temperature overnight (at least 10 hours), then cut into cubes and toss with potato starch.
- 9Store in a loosely covered container at room temperature for up to two weeks.
Browse Our Top Gelatin Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tootie Frootie Marshmallows
Serving Size: 1 (6 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 64
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 14.8
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 15.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 0.1 g