Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 3 (14 ounce) cans no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 bay leaves
- Cook the onion and garlic in olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat until the onion and garlic are beginning to turn golden.
- Add the meat to the onions and garlic and brown.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Bring the mixture to a boil; reduce heat to medium, and cook uncovered for 20 minutes or until most of the excess liquid evaporates, stirring occasionally.
- Remove and discard the bay leaves before serving.