Recipe by JohnsCutie
Made this yesterday, when I knew I would be too tired to cook by the time I got home from work. I used low-sodium items wherever available. Of course, this affects the taste, so if you don't like them, you can use regular. I am posting to find nutritional values, and to save for another day. My family liked it, so we will have it again! I just put 16 oz for these cans, but I don't know if they really are or not, I never look at the ounces. They are just standard sized cans. Zaar won't let me put my meatball package sizes, they are 24 count each.
Top Review by morgainegeiser
This could be a great recipe with a little tweaking. First, I used the largest crockpot I had - the giant one and not all the ingredients would fit and that was after I put less of a couple items in. I do think there is a mistake in the amount of meatballs, no way would you use 96 ounces of meatballs, one package of 32 ounces was almost too many meatballs. Second, without any spices this could have been a very bland recipe, I added some garlic, some Italian spice and some bay leaf and basil and it still needed more spice. I am thinking next time adding a few chili peppers. This makes a huge amount of soup way beyond 10 servings. We have enough soup for several meals, I had to remove some of the liquid from the crockpot to add the noodles.I did substitute turkey meatballs as I don't eat red meat and that substitution worked fine. This does have a lot of potential.
- 2 (48 ounce) packages frozen meatballs
- 1 (32 ounce) package frozen vegetables
- 1 (16 ounce) can ranch style beans
- 2 (16 ounce) cans no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms
- 1 (10 ounce) cancampbells Healthy Request tomato soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can water
- 1 (32 ounce) packageof swansons low sodium beef broth
- pepper, to taste
- 10 ounces ditalini
Directions See How It's Made
- Put vegetables, beans, mushrooms and meatballs in crockpot and stir.
- Add tomatoes(do not drain) and stir.
- Add broth and stir.
- Add pepper at any time during cooking.
- Add ditalini the last 15-30 minutes of cooking and cook until pasta is of desired doness.