Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I need to start getting the freezer ready for summer harvest and figured let's do a quick and fast dinner for later when we are relaxing. I pulled out frozen chicken legs and played a bit with some spices not used together before. I was unsure of the combo of lemon and worschestire but am really trying to mix things up some. This is sooooo simple and economical. Can be increased for family size meal. Served with fresh corn on the cob and beans from the garden.
- 4 chicken legs with thigh, frozen
- 29.58 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 29.58 ml lemon pepper, spice
- 1 garlic, whole mashed
- 4.92 ml kosher salt
- 14.79 ml oregano, crushed (I use fresh from garden but dry is fine)
- Put all ingrediants in crockpot , stir it up some and set on low for 6 hours WALA!
- Add in additional spices to your taste. I can see adding hot peppers, basil, green beans or any number of things to this simple dish. Use your imagination.
This worked really well !! I used frozen diced chicken breast and threw in a few frozen vegies as well. All cooked very well and when done I stirred couscous through it - versatile recipe plus plus !! I added lemon juice as I had no lemon pepper. I had never put frozen meat straight into the crock pot before so this was a great cooking lesson for me and now I feel more confident abut crock potting !!
we thought this was great- especially for its ease! i dont have lemon pepper, so i just used fresh cracked pepper and lemon juice. tastes good, tho i dont have a comparison. i doubled it, added another clove of garlic beyond that, and the last 3.5 hours or so, threw in a cup of brown rice and the water to go with it, according to the bags instructions (2 cups?), along with a bit more worcestershire. thanks for a simple but tasty keeper!!
Thanks for posting - I used 8 thighs - very, good flavorful chicken. The leftovers were great the next day - I cut up the leftover meat for chicken salad sandwiches. Will def. keep for when I need something quick and simple!