Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
An easy, tasty way to make a delicious baked rice pudding. I made it up because I had a craving for rice pudding. It dawned on me that egg nog would work perfectly as the binding liquid. Here is the delicious result!
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1 quart prepared eggnog (I used reduced fat)
- raisins (I used both) or craisins (I used both)
- cinnamon and nutmeg
- cooking spray
- Cook rice as directed. Spray the baking dish and add the rice and the raisins and or craisins. Sprinkle with the cinnamon and nutmeg to taste.
- Pour the egg nog over the mixture until you can just see the liquid rising to the top.
- Bake at 325 for approximately one and a half hours or until set and still creamy through the middle. Serve warm or cold.
- Freezes well.