Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Here's a great recipe for those squash choked gardens. Really simple to prepare. I'm not too fond of squash, but will eat this.
- 1360.77 g summer squash
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 236.59 ml cracker crumb, Ritz divided
- 2 eggs
- 118.29 ml butter, divided
- 14.79 ml sugar
- salt & pepper
- Wash and cut up squash. Boil until tender.
- Drain thoroughly and mash slightly.
- Add all ingredients except 1/2 of butter and 1/2 of cracker crumbs to squash. Pour squash mixture into baking dish.
- Mix remaining butter and crumbs. Sprinkle over top.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for about 1 hour or until brown on top.
I do NOT like squash! It's just so bland and .... well, BLAND! But lemme tell you, I planted 8 squash plants and I have a TON of the stuff! I came across this recipe and thought, "What the heck? I'll try it!" ... boy am I ever glad I did! I didn't prepare very well, so had to substitute the Ritz crackers for the Townhouse Garlic and Herb "Flipsides" Pretzel Crackers. Either way, I know you can't go wrong with this recipe! It is SO yummy! I also don't like to measure things, so I just started mixing and it still turned out great ... so if I can make it I bet anyone can!!
Very good and very easy to make. I made this as written but decreased the butter just a little bit. I was tempted to add some cheddar cheese (just out of habit), but I didn't and I was happy with the end result. Thanx for sharing!
made this last night with yellow squash...used town house crackers and put under broiler for last few minutes to get it nice and crunchy! very yummy!!