Recipe by Darkhunter
Here's a great recipe for those squash choked gardens. Really simple to prepare. I'm not too fond of squash, but will eat this.
Top Review by showpugs
I do NOT like squash! It's just so bland and .... well, BLAND! But lemme tell you, I planted 8 squash plants and I have a TON of the stuff! I came across this recipe and thought, "What the heck? I'll try it!" ... boy am I ever glad I did! I didn't prepare very well, so had to substitute the Ritz crackers for the Townhouse Garlic and Herb "Flipsides" Pretzel Crackers. Either way, I know you can't go wrong with this recipe! It is SO yummy! I also don't like to measure things, so I just started mixing and it still turned out great ... so if I can make it I bet anyone can!!
- 1360.77 g summer squash
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 236.59 ml cracker crumb, Ritz divided
- 2 eggs
- 118.29 ml butter, divided
- 14.79 ml sugar
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and cut up squash. Boil until tender.
- Drain thoroughly and mash slightly.
- Add all ingredients except 1/2 of butter and 1/2 of cracker crumbs to squash. Pour squash mixture into baking dish.
- Mix remaining butter and crumbs. Sprinkle over top.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for about 1 hour or until brown on top.