1/1 Photo of Too Many Cherry Tomatoes Sauce
When the garden is producing more than I can eat... I turn to this sauce. Usually there are other things from the garden that are outnumbering me. So I throw them in too. The eggplant is a good addition because it thickens the sauce nicely. No one will know there is eggplant in the sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large pot, saute onion and optional vegetables until soft and slightly browned. Add other veggies here is you want them (for example, a zucchini). If anything starts to burn, add a little water. These veggies should be fully cooked.
- 2Add garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- 3Dump all those cherry tomatoes in there and stir until they soften. Most will pop and deflate.
- 4Add the salt and basil and remove from the heat.
- 5At this point, I use my stick blender to blend everything up right in the pan. I then put everything thru my food mill with the fine grate. This is because my family cannot get past the seeds. :).
- 6Serve with your favorite pasta.
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Too Many Cherry Tomatoes Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 85.4
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 398.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 2.0 g