Recipe by Susan Dillard
This is a very easy recipe I got from a friend. I added the spice as that is how we like our squash. Note that the prep time does not account for precooking the squash, that would have to be added. Once you have your 2 cups of cooked squash, it goes together really fast.
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or cinnamon)
- 2 cups cooked winter squash (acorn, butternut, turban)
- 1 cup Rice Krispies
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Beat in eggs, milk, vanilla, 1/2- 1 teaspoon spice and cooked squash.
- Mix well with beater or whisk.
- Pour into 11 x 7 x 2 inch Pyrex dish.
- Bake uncovered at 350° for 35 minutes or until set.
- While baking, combine remaining ingredients; when squash is done, sprinkle topping over and bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes.