Recipe by Deborah O.
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. This recipe was adapted from one my mom used to make. I just don't enjoy peeling potatoes all morning so when I discovered Simply Potatoes shredded hash browns could be substituted, it made a good recipe great. This is for a crowd but can be cut in half, of course then the name would not apply so I kept it the way we make it when we go camping.
- 2 (20 ounce) bags Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened in microwave
- 2 (32 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 (50 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups crumbled cooked bacon
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients in a 7 to 10 quart stock pot.
- Combine well and bring to boil.
- Stir to ensure that the cream cheese is well incorporated.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Simmer on low for 30 to 45 minutes or until the Simply Potato Shreds begin to fall apart.
- Soup will be rich and creamy.
- Optional: Top with Shredded Cheese and sliced green onions.
- Note: This can also be made in a slow cooker.
- Place all ingredients in a 7 quart slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 4 or 5 hours.
- Stir occasionally.