Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
An awsome brownie mix I found while watching tv one day (Savoir Faire).
- 2 cups sweet butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 1⁄3 cups cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 cup pecans
- Grease 9" x 13" baking pan with butter (a great trick is to use the wrapper from a stick of butter).
- Melt butter and then add the sugar to the melted butter.
- Add brown sugar and cocoa powder.
- Stir together well, making sure to get out the lumps of the cocoa powder (*itcan be quite bitter if you bake it with the lumps).
- Add eggs and continue to stir; continue and add flour, and baking powder.
- Fold all together then add vanilla.
- Transfer mix into baking pan and spread out evenly.
- Garnish the top with nuts (if you prefer).
- Bake at 350º for 40-45 minutes.
- When it's done, it will start to pull away from the sides and it might start to crack; however, the middle should be loose so that your brownies will be nice and chewy.
- Remove from pan, and allow it to cool completely.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!