Prep 1 hr 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Easy and delicious truffles. I got this recipe somewhere online (do not remember where but it could possibly be a Baker's brand recipe). I adjusted this recipe to my tastes and wanted to share the results. These can be altered in a variety of ways to make different flavors to suit you and your family. Some ideas for the semi sweet chocolate chips you could apply are: use milk chocolate chips, Andes mint pieces, peanut butter swirl, etc. for variety. For the extracts you could use: orange (that's my favorite), mint, raspberry, etc. I roll mine in pecans and have also rolled them in coconut that I rubbed into orange extract (for the choc/orange flavor). The options are many. Just play around with it. A food processor can be used to make this recipe as well.
- 1 1⁄2 cups semisweet chocolate
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ground nuts (optional) or coconut (optional)
- Melt chocolate by placing in microwavable dish. Microwave on HIGH 3 to 4 minutes or until almost melted, stirring after each minute.
- Remove from microwave. Stir until completely melted.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add sugar, beating until well blended. Add melted chocolate and vanilla; mix well. Refrigerate about 1 hour.
- Shape into 1-inch balls. Roll in nuts or coconut. Store in refrigerator.
- Firms up nicely if you make them a day ahead.