Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is one of those meals that you can throw together in 15 minutes for you family after a long day at work. ENJOY!
- 1 (20 ounce) packagefrozen meatballs
- 3⁄4 cup Catalina dressing
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup plum jam
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- In a large saute pan, add about 2 tablespoons of oil and brown the meatballs for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile stir together the rest of the ingridients.
- After meatballs are browned, pour the sauce over the meatballs and let boil over medium-high heat are 5-8 minutes while stirring it occasionally.
- Serve over rice or buttered egg noodles.
Excellent recipe. I will make again for sure. I didn't have plum jam, so used grape jelly. I also wasn't sure if it was supposed to be dry or prepared mustard, so I went with dry, but cut back to 1/2 t. I used meatballs I had in the freezer from a OAMC session. And since the meatballs were thawed already it really only took 10 minutes to have dinner ready (took longer to boil the rice). The next time I make I will add some vegetable in as I think the sauce would really support them. I served this with Jasmine rice and green beans.