Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
These a are very good & easy Croissant rolls . The recipe was given to me by my daughter Peggy. Prep time does not include chill time because it may differ.
- 1 package yeast (2&1/4 teaspoon)
- 1⁄4 cup warm water
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup lukewarm milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 1⁄3 cups flour, about
- 1 cup real butter
- 1 egg white (beaten until frothy)
- Proof the yeast in the warm water and set aside.
- Beat egg yolks,stir in warm milk,sugar,salt, yeast mixture,and 2/3cup of the flour.
- Beat until smooth and set aside.
- Cut butter into remaining flour until partcles are the size of LARGE PEAS.
- Pour in yeast mixture.
- Mix lightly with a spatula just until flour is moistened.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours or up to 3 days.
- IT MUST BE COLD.
- Turn out onto a floured board and knead lightly.
- Divide into thirds.
- Roll each into 16 inch diameter circle and cut into 12 pie shaped wedges.
- Roll wedges starting at the wide end.
- Place point side down on a greased baking sheet.
- Cover with towel and let rise at room temperature until doubled.
- Brush each with beaten egg white.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for about 20 minutes.
- Serve warm or re-heat in low oven-- not micriwave.
- Makes 36 small, but you can make as big as you want.
These croissants were absolutely stunning! They were to die for after 5 days of intense labour. They came out like a dream! Perfect after any spin class! I'm not allowed to be on the internet right now, so hopefully I don't get caught writing this review!
I thought these came out GREAT!
The recipe is first rate!
I would NEVER have attempted to try and make!
And NOW I can PROUDLY say based on this recipe (thanks to Barn and Peggy too) that croissants today I DAD bake!!! WHOO HOO!
This recipe is very easy. My 3 1/2 year old was able to do this, no joke. She loves croissants. They were tasty but they are not super flakey like the kind you get in the bakery section at the store. The consistency is more like the pre-made kind that you unravel out of a tube. I gave 4 stars because they didn't come out flakey but they were tasty and good enough for my daughter's first try at making croissants from scratch.