1/1 Photo of Too Easy Croissants
Barb Gertz's Note:
These a are very good & easy Croissant rolls . The recipe was given to me by my daughter Peggy. Prep time does not include chill time because it may differ.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Proof the yeast in the warm water and set aside.
- 2Beat egg yolks,stir in warm milk,sugar,salt, yeast mixture,and 2/3cup of the flour.
- 3Beat until smooth and set aside.
- 4Cut butter into remaining flour until partcles are the size of LARGE PEAS.
- 5Pour in yeast mixture.
- 6Mix lightly with a spatula just until flour is moistened.
- 7Cover and chill at least 2 hours or up to 3 days.
- 8IT MUST BE COLD.
- 9Turn out onto a floured board and knead lightly.
- 10Divide into thirds.
- 11Roll each into 16 inch diameter circle and cut into 12 pie shaped wedges.
- 12Roll wedges starting at the wide end.
- 13Place point side down on a greased baking sheet.
- 14Cover with towel and let rise at room temperature until doubled.
- 15Brush each with beaten egg white.
- 16Bake in a 375 degree oven for about 20 minutes.
- 17Serve warm or re-heat in low oven-- not micriwave.
- 18Makes 36 small, but you can make as big as you want.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Too Easy Croissants
Serving Size: 1 (1034 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 96.8
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 23.7 mg
- Sodium 82.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 1.7 g