Recipe by TheDancingCook
A delicious one dish meal that is full of flavor and will be cooked in less than 1 hour. The only prep time is for 2 cups of water to boil; and make sure the chicken is thawed if previously frozen. I got this recipe from my Brand Named Best Loved Casseroles book, in the "Dinner in Minutes" chapter.
- 1 box broccoli and cheese flavored rice mix (I use Uncle Ben's au Gratin)
- 473.18 ml boiling water
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, about 1 lb
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 473.18 ml frozen broccoli
- 236.59 ml shredded low-fat cheddar cheese (4 oz)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and boil water.
- In a 13x9 casserole dish, combine rice and contents of seasoning packet; add boiling water to dish and mix well.
- Add chicken, sprinkle with garlic powder; cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Add broccoli and cheese; cover and continue to bake for another 8-10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center.