Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
A delicious one dish meal that is full of flavor and will be cooked in less than 1 hour. The only prep time is for 2 cups of water to boil; and make sure the chicken is thawed if previously frozen. I got this recipe from my Brand Named Best Loved Casseroles book, in the "Dinner in Minutes" chapter.
- 1 box broccoli and cheese flavored rice mix (I use Uncle Ben's au Gratin)
- 2 cups boiling water
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, about 1 lb
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups frozen broccoli
- 1 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and boil water.
- In a 13x9 casserole dish, combine rice and contents of seasoning packet; add boiling water to dish and mix well.
- Add chicken, sprinkle with garlic powder; cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Add broccoli and cheese; cover and continue to bake for another 8-10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
this dish had a nice flavor to it, but it was rather dry. I will make it again, but next time, I will add a can of cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup to it as well.
I did this with an added can of cream of chicken as per the other reviews. It turned out Great!! The rice was and chicken were moist and the broccoli was steamed. I loooooved this recipe and am making it again this week!!
I made this tonight for the first time, and couldn't believe how easy and delicious it was! I used a broccoli and chicken rice mix, as it was all I had, and cut the chicken into bite size pieces. I also used fresh broccoli and added some carrots, and served the dish with a side salad and roasted green beans and asparagus. A quick and very tasty meal. Thanks!