Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe is a lot like making Rice Krispie Treats. It is nice to have a little change once in awhile! I found this recipe at the Kelloggs website, but since it is not posted here, I thought that it would be nice to have it here as well! (I made sure that I included the registered trademark symbol. :) To change it a little, you can omit the peanut butter, and they will be like rice krispy bar, except not!
- 1 (10 ounce) packageregular marshmallows (40 pieces) or 4 cups mini marshmallows (I use Kraft Jet-Puffed)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter (I use Skippy)
- 7 1⁄2 cups kelloggs frosted flakes (you can use generic brands if you want)
- In a large saucepan, melt the marshmallows and butter on low or medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the peanut butter until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the frosted flakes cereal, stirring until well coated (You must do this fast!) Using a spatula (buttered if you want), or waxed paper, press the mixture into a 13x9x2 inch pan (a standard cake pan works fine) coated with cooking spray.
- Cut into bars when cool.
If I could give this recipe a higher star rating I would!! My 4 year old daughter and I made this together, and it was a breeze! The funny thing though, is that my husband is the one who polished off the pan! He has asked for a repeat performance....and quick!!!
My family loved them. What a great twist to the traditional krispie treat, I found them a tad too sweet, but the rest of the family found them to be purrrrrrr-fect!
I made these for our vacation and we were so happy with these. I liked them because of the ease of preparation and cost. The kids and DH liked them because of the taste....maybe too much....lol. They sure didn't last long. Thank you for posting.