Recipe by Bec
This recipe is a lot like making Rice Krispie Treats. It is nice to have a little change once in awhile! I found this recipe at the Kelloggs website, but since it is not posted here, I thought that it would be nice to have it here as well! (I made sure that I included the registered trademark symbol. :) To change it a little, you can omit the peanut butter, and they will be like rice krispy bar, except not!
Top Review by dancer jules
If I could give this recipe a higher star rating I would!! My 4 year old daughter and I made this together, and it was a breeze! The funny thing though, is that my husband is the one who polished off the pan! He has asked for a repeat performance....and quick!!!
- 1 (10 ounce) packageregular marshmallows (40 pieces) or 4 cups mini marshmallows (I use Kraft Jet-Puffed)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter (I use Skippy)
- 7 1⁄2 cups kelloggs frosted flakes (you can use generic brands if you want)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, melt the marshmallows and butter on low or medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the peanut butter until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the frosted flakes cereal, stirring until well coated (You must do this fast!) Using a spatula (buttered if you want), or waxed paper, press the mixture into a 13x9x2 inch pan (a standard cake pan works fine) coated with cooking spray.
- Cut into bars when cool.