Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
My husband says this is the best chili he ever tasted. It is spicy.
Make and share this Tony's Favorite Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 8 -10 cloves roasted garlic
- 0.5 (4 ounce) canof chipotle peppers and adobo seasoning
- 1 dash hickory smoke salt
- 2 quarts water
- 3 tablespoons beef bouillon powder
- 5 -8 tablespoons chili powder
- 8 pieces thick sliced pepper bacon (lean only, raw)
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans
- 4 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- cayenne pepper
- combine rotel, tomato paste, roasted garlic, chipotles in adobo, hickory smoke salt, water, boullion powder, and chili powder in an 8 qt soup pot.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- In a frying pan cook the turkey burger in small pieces.
- Cut all fat from the bacon and only use the lean, cut into small pieces and throw into soup pot raw.
- Add the cooked turkey burger to the soup pot and simmer for a couple of hours.
- Stir occasionally.
- Add the canned beans without draining them, and the refried beans.
- Season with a sprinkle or two of cayenne pepper, simmer for another 1/2 an hour or so.
- Serves about 12 servings of 2 cups each.