Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook2 hrs 30 mins
My husband says this is the best chili he ever tasted. It is spicy.
Make and share this Tony's Favorite Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 8 -10 cloves roasted garlic
- 0.5 (4 ounce) canof chipotle peppers and adobo seasoning
- 1 dash hickory smoke salt
- 2 quarts water
- 3 tablespoons beef bouillon powder
- 5 -8 tablespoons chili powder
- 8 pieces thick sliced pepper bacon (lean only, raw)
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans
- 4 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- cayenne pepper
- combine rotel, tomato paste, roasted garlic, chipotles in adobo, hickory smoke salt, water, boullion powder, and chili powder in an 8 qt soup pot.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- In a frying pan cook the turkey burger in small pieces.
- Cut all fat from the bacon and only use the lean, cut into small pieces and throw into soup pot raw.
- Add the cooked turkey burger to the soup pot and simmer for a couple of hours.
- Stir occasionally.
- Add the canned beans without draining them, and the refried beans.
- Season with a sprinkle or two of cayenne pepper, simmer for another 1/2 an hour or so.
- Serves about 12 servings of 2 cups each.