Recipe by Jenn_Chelle
Got this from Down Home with the Neelys on Food Netwok.
Top Review by Shelby Jo
These were great! I had never used peanut oil or panko before -- both great additions to my pantry! It's amazing how much of a difference it makes in what kind of oil you use. The honey mustard sauce was really great too. Thanks so much for sharing!! Made for Pick-A-Chef Fall 2009.
- peanut oil, for frying
- 907.18 g boneless skinless chicken tenders
- 3 eggs
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 473.18 ml panko breadcrumbs
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 4.92 ml lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2.46 ml cayenne
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 118.29 ml Dijon mustard
- 118.29 ml honey
- 29.58 ml mayonnaise
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- salt and pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oil to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the chicken breasts into long strips and set aside.
- Beat the 3 eggs in a separate bowl and measure the flour into another separate dish.
- Measure the panko into a pie plate or shallow bowl and season with garlic powder, lemon-pepper, cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Dip the chicken strips into the flour, the beaten egg and then dredge them into the seasoned panko.
- Fry in the hot peanut oil for 6 to 8 minutes, until golden brown, and remove to a paper towel lined sheet tray. Serve with honey mustard sauce.
- For the honey mustard dressing, mix the last five ingredients together in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper. The sauce can be held in the refrigerator for 1 week.