Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Got this from Down Home with the Neelys on Food Netwok.
Make and share this Tony's Chicken Tenders With Honey Mustard Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- peanut oil, for frying
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken tenders
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oil to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the chicken breasts into long strips and set aside.
- Beat the 3 eggs in a separate bowl and measure the flour into another separate dish.
- Measure the panko into a pie plate or shallow bowl and season with garlic powder, lemon-pepper, cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Dip the chicken strips into the flour, the beaten egg and then dredge them into the seasoned panko.
- Fry in the hot peanut oil for 6 to 8 minutes, until golden brown, and remove to a paper towel lined sheet tray. Serve with honey mustard sauce.
- For the honey mustard dressing, mix the last five ingredients together in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper. The sauce can be held in the refrigerator for 1 week.