Recipe by Jenn_Chelle
Got this from Down Home with the Neelys on Food Netwok.
Top Review by Shelby Jo
These were great! I had never used peanut oil or panko before -- both great additions to my pantry! It's amazing how much of a difference it makes in what kind of oil you use. The honey mustard sauce was really great too. Thanks so much for sharing!! Made for Pick-A-Chef Fall 2009.
- peanut oil, for frying
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken tenders
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oil to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the chicken breasts into long strips and set aside.
- Beat the 3 eggs in a separate bowl and measure the flour into another separate dish.
- Measure the panko into a pie plate or shallow bowl and season with garlic powder, lemon-pepper, cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Dip the chicken strips into the flour, the beaten egg and then dredge them into the seasoned panko.
- Fry in the hot peanut oil for 6 to 8 minutes, until golden brown, and remove to a paper towel lined sheet tray. Serve with honey mustard sauce.
- For the honey mustard dressing, mix the last five ingredients together in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper. The sauce can be held in the refrigerator for 1 week.