Recipe by "Food:The Way To Anyone's Heart"
Pancake mix and onions?? You bet! This makes a crispy, pull-apart loaf of onion rings. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce! We had these at Tony Roma's in Palm Desert and they are addicting.
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the onions crosswise and separate into rings.
- Combine milk, eggs, and salt to taste in mixing bowl.
- Soak the onions in the mixture, about 30 minutes.
- Place pancake mix in a shallow bowl.
- Heat oil for frying in skillet to 375*F.
- Remove the onion rings from milk mixture, dip in pancake mix and place in hot oil.
- Fry rings until golden brown and drain on paper towels.
- Pack fried onion rings solidly, but loosely, without pressing, into an 8X4-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 400*F. for 10-15 minutes.
- Turn onto serving plate.
- Serve with dipping sauce of your choice.