Recipe by QueenJellyBean
This is a wonderful honey bbq sauce that we brush on pork spare ribs the last 15 minutes of cooking. It is a copycat recipe for the Tony Roma's restaurant sauce. Makes enough for 4 pounds of ribs. I was given this recipe by a friend was contacted by topsecretrecipes.com that it is their recipe.
Top Review by Krysti A.
The most disgusting bbq sauce I have ever tasted. Do not waste your time. Tastes like vinegar and it made the house smell like it too. Nasty. Waste of $15 ribs and 4 hours of them cooking in the oven.
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan over high heat.
- Blend with a whisk until smooth.
- When the mixture comes to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer uncovered.
- In 30-45 minutes when the mixture thickens, remove from heat.
- If it becomes to thick you can thin it with more vinegar.