This is a wonderful honey bbq sauce that we brush on pork spare ribs the last 15 minutes of cooking. It is a copycat recipe for the Tony Roma's restaurant sauce. Makes enough for 4 pounds of ribs. I was given this recipe by a friend was contacted by topsecretrecipes.com that it is their recipe.
- Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan over high heat.
- Blend with a whisk until smooth.
- When the mixture comes to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer uncovered.
- In 30-45 minutes when the mixture thickens, remove from heat.
- If it becomes to thick you can thin it with more vinegar.
The most disgusting bbq sauce I have ever tasted. Do not waste your time. Tastes like vinegar and it made the house smell like it too. Nasty. Waste of $15 ribs and 4 hours of them cooking in the oven.
This BBQ sauce it's not close to the originalrecipe, please don't make it , don't waste your time on this projet.
This is wonderful! The flavors are perfectly balanced. I used hickory liquid smoke. Can't wait to find something to use this on! Thanks for the recipe! - Apr 20, 2008. Update: I ended up making some boneless pork ribs in the crockpot and shredding them up for sandwiches, with this for the sauce. Delicious! Thanks again!