Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Tony Chachere's CAJUN COUNTRY COOKBOOK. Tony says to "use it like you would salt" Store in an airtight jar.
- 26 ounces salt, free flowing..like Morton's
- 1 1⁄2 ounces pepper, black, ground
- 2 ounces red peppers, ground
- 1 ounce garlic powder
- 1 ounce chili powder (like Gebhardt's)
- 1 ounce Accent seasoning
- Mix well and use like salt.
- TO SEASON SEAFOOD:.
- Use half of above mixture and add:.
- 1tsp. thyme, powdered.
- 1 bay leaf.
- 1 teaspoons basil, leaf, sweet.
- NOTE: If too peppery for children, add more salt to mixture, then season to taste.
I will have NO need to ever buy creole seasoning in the store ever again. LoL This was excellent! I needed a creole seasoning for recipe#87262 and I am so thrilled I found this recipe. Thank you so much for sharing the recipe! :)
Made this for yet another recipe that called for just exactly this seasoning! It's certainly something I'll keep on hand & use now that I'm acquainted with it! From my vantage point, it gives a great new flavor! Thanks for posting your recipe!
I had never used (or even heard of) *Tony Chachere* or his *Famous Creole Seasoning* till I decided to make Recipe #229528 that uses it as an ingredient. I searched, found your recipe & it clearly was easier than going to the store for something not authentic. I reduced the recipe to 8 oz, made as written in minutes & just the aroma made me impatient to use it. This is great stuff! Thx for this recipe & helping me get acquainted w/Tony! :-)