Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
My reverse-engineered recipe for Tony Chachere's Original Creole Seasoning.
Make and share this Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning (Copycat) recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 5 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 5 teaspoons garlic salt
- 4 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon seasoned chili powder
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons celery salt
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground sage
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground thyme
- COMBINE all ingredients in a resealable container (1/4 cup fine sea salt, 1 teaspoon cornstarch, 5 teaspoons cayenne pepper, 5 teaspoons garlic salt, 4 teaspoons ground black pepper, 1 tablespoon seasoned chili powder, 2 1/2 teaspoons celery salt, 2 teaspoons ground mustard, 1 1/2 teaspoons ground basil, 1 1/2 teaspoons ground sage, 1 teaspoon onion salt, 1/2 teaspoon ground oregano, 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme).
- SEAL the container.
- SHAKE until thoroughly blended.
- STORE tightly sealed in a cool, dry place away from light and moisture.
- USE measure for measure in place of Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning and enjoy.
I'm a New Orleans girl at heart and I'm loving this Tony Chachere's recipe! Thank you for the recipe, I used it on my Whole 30 blog!