Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
My reverse-engineered recipe for Tony Chachere's Original Creole Seasoning.
- 1⁄4 cup fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 5 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 5 teaspoons garlic salt
- 4 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon seasoned chili powder
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons celery salt
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground sage
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground thyme
- COMBINE all ingredients in a resealable container (1/4 cup fine sea salt, 1 teaspoon cornstarch, 5 teaspoons cayenne pepper, 5 teaspoons garlic salt, 4 teaspoons ground black pepper, 1 tablespoon seasoned chili powder, 2 1/2 teaspoons celery salt, 2 teaspoons ground mustard, 1 1/2 teaspoons ground basil, 1 1/2 teaspoons ground sage, 1 teaspoon onion salt, 1/2 teaspoon ground oregano, 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme).
- SEAL the container.
- SHAKE until thoroughly blended.
- STORE tightly sealed in a cool, dry place away from light and moisture.
- USE measure for measure in place of Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning and enjoy.
I'm a New Orleans girl at heart and I'm loving this Tony Chachere's recipe! Thank you for the recipe, I used it on my Whole 30 blog!
Why is there a copycat recipe of Tony Chachere's Seasoning? There is no need for reverse engineering. Tony, himself, provides the EXACT recipe in his cookbook,Tony Chachere's Cajun Country Cookbook available on Amazon.com. Read the reviews. He notes in the cookbook that the recipe itself is worth the price of the cookbook. I have used the recipe for over 20 years and it is exactly as it is when you purchase the container in the store.