Prep 5 mins
Cook 26 mins
My mom always made this. It's so quick and easy and has been a favourite comfort food of mine since I was little. Plus the soup sauce gets this wicked crunchy crust around the casserole dish that I could nibble on for days!
- 2 chicken drumsticks, skin on, bone in
- 1 (8 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom & garlic soup
- to taste salt
- 2⁄3 cup instant rice
- Blend together the two soups in a casserole dish without adding the water or milk indicated in the directions.
- Add chicken and cover with soup, salt over soup to taste.
- Cover and microwave for 26 minutes, stirring at 18 minutes without scrapping the sides (if you want the crust). Lift chicken and recoat with soup.
- Make rice as per package instructions.
- Plate chicken and rice and scoop soup sauce over both, scraping sides for crust.
This was okay, but I don't know that I'd add it to the keeper pile. The boys ate it without complaint, but there were no requests to have it again. I found it very salty, even though I didn't add any salt other than what was in the cans of soup. Made for Spring PAC 2008.