1/1 Photo of Toni's Teriyaki Chicken
2 hrs 20 mins
This recipe came to me from my friend Toni. Se is a wonderful woman who taught me a lot about Asian cooking. She is truly more than a friend, as my children consider her another grandma, and when they want this chicken they ask for "Grandma Toni's Chicken". ;-) It is highly flexible as Toni always cooks by taste. She always uses chicken leg quarters, because after raising 6 kids she totally understands frugal-but other, leaner cuts of chicken turn out wonderful as well. Toni's method when using leg quarters is to seperate the leg and thigh, then de-bone the chicken, but to leave the skin on for grilling. I now leave the bone in to simplify chicken and it still comes out just as good. When I find a great deal on chicken, especially during grilling season, I buy a lot of the chicken and the 2 gallon size zipper bags and make multiple batches of marinade, put the chicken in it and freeze it in the marinade. It is wonderful to pull it out of the freezer and just let it thaw and be ready to grill. Lastly, I am putting this in with Toni's amounts which are large, but it can be very easily adjusted.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and seperate chicken legs from thighs.
- 2De-bone chicken if desired.
- 3Combine remaining ingredients in pitcher.
- 4place chicken in 2 gallon zipper-top bag.
- 5Pour marinade on top of chicken.
- 6Squeeze air out of bag and seal, place in refridgerator.
- 7Allow the chicken to marinade for at least tow hours, but up to two days.
- 8Turn bag over multiple times during marinading time.
- 9Chicken can be frozen in marinade.
- 10Grill chicken as desired, discard marinade.
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Toni's Teriyaki Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (9506 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 609.6
- Calories from Fat 374
- Total Fat 41.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 207.0 mg
- Sodium 891.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 52.5 g